Cha Am is a district(Amphoe) in the
southern part of Phetchaburi province, central Thailand.
The district was established in 1897 in the name of Na
Yang. In 1914 the center of the district was moved to
Ban Nong Chok(recently in Tha Yang district) and changed
the name to Nong Chok district. After World War II, the
government moved the office to Tambon Cha Am and also
changed the district name to be Cha Am.
In August 2006 a plan to create a new 77th province was
announced. If approved Cha Am will become part of this